Free Admission? Read how!
Under certain circumstances, museums operating in Athens can offer free entrance to the visitors. Check below some of the cases where you can be so lucky!
Greek Museums can often offer Free Admission in below cases:
- Children under 12 years old
- Students under 19 years old from E.U. countries
- People over 65 years old
- People with special needs and their attendant
- Holders of the cards: ICOM, CIMAM, AICA
- For all visitors, specific day and time of the week
- Journalists, guides, soldiers.
Moreover, entrance is free to all visitors on the following days:
- 6 March (Memory of Melina Mercouri)
- 18 April (International Monument Day)
- 18 May (International Museum Day)
- 5 June (World Environment Day)
- the last weekend of September (European Days of Cultural Heritage)
- 27 September (International Tourism Day)
- Greek official holidays during which the Museum remains open: 6 January, Orthodox Good Friday (12:00 - 17:00), Orthodox Easter Saturday and Monday, Orthodox Monday of the Holy Spirit, 15 August, 28 October.
Entrance is free on the days celebrating Open Days and the European Spring of the Museums, according to the dates set each year.