The building at 138 Pireos street
The new Benaki Museum building is located at 138 Pireos Street, one of the central development axes of Athens.
The existing building, which is organised around a central courtyard, is already being refurbished, thanks to co-funding by the Ministry of Culture and the European Union.
The new building covers a total area of 8,200 m2 with underground areas of 2,800 m2 and an internal courtyard of 850 m2. The exhibition halls span 3,000 m2. There is an amphitheatre capable of seating 300, as well as areas to house the Museum services.
- Address: 138 Pireos & Andronikou, 11854 Athens
- How to get there: BUSES 815, 049, 914, 838, Β18, Γ18 TROLLEY-BUSES 21 METRO line 3 (KERAMIKOS station) RAIL PETRALONA Station
- Phone: (+30) 210 345 3111
- Internet page: http://www.benaki.gr/
- Schedule: Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday: 10:00 - 18:00 Friday, Saturday: 10:00 - 22:00 Closed on Monday, Tuesday
- Current exhibitions: Check what's on