Designed by L. Kavtatzoglou and built in the years 1846-1852. It has a very strict neoclassical style with few decorations. Marble stones from the archaeological site of Acropolis that were deemed as “unnecessary” were used for its construction. This action that today is considered sacrilegious was then approved by King Otto. Ten years ago, during the renovation of the building, the archaeological committee managed to abstract most of those stones and return them to the archaeological site of Acropolis. Only the ones that are part of the foundation building still remain after being catalogued and photographed.
- Address: 49 Leoforos Eleftheriou Venizelou & Arsaki, 10564 Athens