The National Museum of Contemporary Art is fairly new since it started operating in 2000. Its’ aim is to offer an official space for contemporary Greek and foreign artists, to organize exhibitions and eventually to build its own collection.
The new reconstruction of the former Fix brewery building has been completed. However, only the two levels of temporary exhibitions are open. At this point there is no permanent collection on display. The museum organizes exhibitions that include parts of what will become the permanent collection of the museum.
- Address: Kallirrois Avenue & Amvrosiou Frantzi Street, 11743 Athens
- Admission: 5 €
- How to get there: former Fix factory By Bus or Metro
- Schedule: Tuesday to Sunday: 11.00 – 19.00 Thursday: 11.00 – 22.00 Monday: Closed
- Phone: (+30) 211.1019000-99
- Internet Page: http://www.emst.gr/